Side view of premenent structure and the containers placed in front of the building. The portion with the 2 windows is a storage container. THe permanent structure begins where the elevated roof is and where Husl Hookah Lounge will be located. Plot 1 is the strip of parking running along the side of the structure.
- The owners 3845 Florida Blvd will say that Millennial Park has nothing to do with this rezoning proposal because they have seperate addresses. (3845 is Husl the proposed bar building, 3817 is Millennial Park)
- Regardless of that renderings/promotional drawings show 3845 Florida Blvd is part of the Millennial Park development and both are owned by father and son Curtis and Cameron Jackson.
- A portion of the proposed rezone area has 2 containers on it that are part of Millennial Park's container development. One container is for a proposed 2nd bar, The Daq Spot and the other is for a food vendor.
- Cameron has stated in media interviews, print and podcast that there will be a sports bar called Husl(8345 Florida) and a daiquiri bar called The Daq Spot at Millennial Park.
- The Jackson's have kept this 2nd bar under wraps when speaking at both the Planning Commission hearing on 10/19/20 and the Metro Council meeting on 11/18/20. The Cameron's only speak of 1 bar, the sports bar.
- Planning Commission overhead photo/map show 2 container in the proposed rezone area. 1 where the 2nd bar will be located.
- The special events that started in July and increased in number every month since are causing the parking and noise issues.
- Owners are trying to claim differently to blur the facts about how Millennial Park is seriously affecting neighborhood residents quality of life.
- The rezoning and opening of a bar at 3845 Florida Blvd would only make a bad situation worse